Tyrese is seeking representation for the following works in progress.
How To Sit: A Memoir In Pieces
How to Sit is a hybrid collection of approximately 10-13 short stories and essays designed to represent a fragmented memoir. Pieces included in this collection to date:
- “How To Sit.” PANK Magazine Online, March & April 2015 Issue.
- “Thoughts on My Ancestry.com DNA Results.” The Rumpus. March 2016.
- “How To Mourn.” Kenyon Review, Forthcoming Fall 2017.
- “I am Karintha.” The Doctor T.J. Eckleburg Review, 2014.
- “Why I Let Him Touch My Hair.” Brevity Magazine, Issue 53 (September 2016).
- “Prom Night.” The Stoneslide Corrective, May 2016.
In the tradition of essay collections that examine the sick body, such as Leslie Jamison’s The Empathy Exams or Eula Bliss’ On Immunity: An Inoculation, my short story collection, Sugar, will examine the stories of characters who have dealt with the consequences of diabetes. Examples of pieces included in this collection are:
- “Uncle Pug.” 1:1000, July 2015.
- “Elegy for a Dying Toe.” Forthcoming
Brown Grove is a collection of stories centered around an extended black southern family on the outskirts of a small town. Examples of pieces included in this collection are:
- “Tuna.” Day One. Forthcoming, January 2017.
- “Keisha.” Forthcoming.