Below are links to selected works, where you will find my forthcoming pieces, and news. My full CV can be viewed here.
“I Been Changed.” Forthcoming. Bayou Magazine
“Tuna.” Day One. January 11, 2017.
“They Reminisce Over You.” Hobart, May 2016.
“What You Look Like.” Tahoma Literary Review, Issue 4 (August 2015).
- Author reading available on the Tahoma Literary Review Soundcloud page.
- Accompanying blog post: “The Perfect Partner(s)” featured in the Tahoma Literary Review Blog.
- Best Small Fictions nominee for 2016
“How To Sit.” PANK Magazine Online, March & April 2015 Issue.
- Included in the Wigleaf Top 50 (very) Short Fictions 2016
- Highlighted in Huffington Post Books article, “12 Super Short Stories You Can Read In a Flash.”
- Accompanying interview, The Lightening Room with Tyrese Coleman.
“How To Mourn.” Kenyon Review. Winter, 2017.
“Reading Jane Eyre While Black.” Literary Hub. August 28, 2017.
“How I Lost My Hometown.” Catapult: Launching Remarkable Writing. January 23, 2017.
“Why I Let Him Touch My Hair.” Brevity Magazine, Issue 53 (September 2016).
“A Nameless Mound.” upstreet literary magazine, Issue 12. July 2016.
- Reprinted in Redux: Work Worth a Second Run. Forthcoming February 2017.
“How I Found My Home at a Go-Go Show.” Washingtonian Magazine. July 2016.
“Thoughts on My Ancestry.com DNA Results.” The Rumpus. March 2016.
- Finalist in the 42nd New Millennium Literary Award for Nonfiction, November 2016
Accomplishments and/or News
Interviewed on “Show Your Work” a Fear No Lit Podcast.
Workshop Participant. 2017 Tin House Summer Writers’ Workshop, July 2017.
Panelist, “The Long from the Short: Turning Flash Pieces into a Novel, Novella, or Memoir.” Forthcoming Association of Writers and Writing Programs Conference, 2017 in Washington D.C.
- Previously presented at Conversations and Connections, Washington DC, March 2016
Contest Judge: Tethered by Letters #Blink Very Short Stories Twitter Contest, December 1-14, 2016
2016 Nonfiction Scholar, Virginia Quarterly Review Writer’s Conference